Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tues Sep 14 Lecture

Today I was lucky enough too go up and present my article on a pressure sensitive device developed to imitate human skin. I thought it was definitely a breakthrough in technology, especially for people with prosthetic limbs. It creates the potential for someone who utilizes these prosthetic parts to have the advantage of being able to feel with it as well. It isn't for sure, but it is a step closer towards this new innovation.

We also watched some Canadian video with a pretty sweet theme song in the background. It focused on the relationship between the management of knowledge and technology. It used this Canadian company as an example to prove the success of great management between these two factors. It never really occurred to me the difference between data and information, or at least I had never had the chance to distinguish the both. Data is raw, and information is processed. This is what makes the data useful for managers to collaborate with their knowledge and make business decisions.

2 comments:

  1. I will confess that I love Canada. If I weren't married, I'd be living in Canada somewhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahhahahah I bet you would be Tuggle..

    ReplyDelete