Monday, September 13, 2010

Thursday Sept 9 Lecture

Today was the first time I present one of the technews articles and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. It was a little nerve-wracking waiting to see if I got called up but it was all downhill once I was up there. My best strategy would probably to get up there as often as I can, just to get into the habit of it and get those participation points up!
As much as the idea of information systems and information technology may seem dry and insiginificant at first, it really does serve as an efficient tool for managers. I'm a business major with an emphasis in entrepreneur ship and now that I am looking at the BIG picture of a business, I know that IS and IT will make my job a lot easier. Especially having a CIO around to handle that messy part of the business. I am pretty sure I will stick to management.

1 comment:

  1. Esteban:
    Thanks for the photo...where was it taken?
    FYI, one of my daughters decided she was to be a non-techie, an artist in particular. She is now the webmaster for her company, based in part on her artistic and writing skills.
    So, don't be too sure that you can avoid computers by hiding out as a manager! Some firms actively rotate all managers through all functional areas.....
    Doug

    ReplyDelete