Wednesday, October 27, 2010

3-D Maps

Since I didnt manage to make it to class on Tuesday, I as might as well blog about the report I intended on presenting. This article is based on 3-D maps. Interesting right? At Washington University, Austin Abrams developed an application, along with a faculty adviser and a graduate student, that could project a 3 dimensional map using Webcams and Google Earth scenes to forge a correspondence between 3-D and 2-D images. This internet application can be accessed through www.projectlive3d.com, where webcams are accessed and contributed towards the expansion of the 3-D map. This makes looking at maps a lot more fun, and it kind of reminds me of the maps projected in Star Wars. Like in some of the scenes where they are observing the Death Star or the planet of Endor. I cant wait until you could actually touch and feel the projections of 3D maps.

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to report on this when you next give a tech news report.....

    ReplyDelete